Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things Going On Around Here

Well of course we thought winter was over....boy were we wrong! We are suppose to get nailed tomorrow night with a huge storm that could bring us up to 10 inches of snow, maybe more! We had a taste of spring -- you know just enough for all of our grass to show -- just enough for the kids to get really excited to think that summer would be here the next day. Sophia was so excited, she was suppose to have a field trip to an envioronmental center where she would have had the opportunity to go snow shoeing, take a walk in the woods, and eat her cold lunch!! As a four year old eating a cold packed lunch is pretty exciting! Well we got a call from her teacher yesterday that they had to cancel the field trip because of the freezing rain we are having today. She cried!!! She was so sad. But they still get to pack a lunch and eat it at school, so that brought a smile to her face.

Duke has been enjoying playing board games the last few days. We have played trouble and hi-ho cherrio many, many times! It is funny how kids will put things together. As we were playing hi-ho cherrio, Duke says, "Auntie Thuzie brings cherries." I said to him yes she does. He says she brings lots of cherries. So I asked him what she brings the cherries in and he said...FROSTING! And then he proceeded to tell me it was his favorite snack!

Well the sickness in our house will never disappear! I went to the doctor yesterday and I have bronchitis along with a bunch of pulled muscles in my stomach and my neck from coughing so much and so hard. GRRRR......I am so tired of someone being sick in this house. I really wish summer would get here soon.

Alright well have a good day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment