Thursday, February 26, 2009

Duke's party and a winter storm

I am not sure if you can see the snow coming down in this picture, but this is the weather we are experiencing now. We can't even see out of windows now and we have seen purple lightening along with some thunder. I can't believe we are having such a horrible storm!!


Here is Duke with his cake. He had on a nice shirt and a pair of jeans, but it just wasn't quite right so he came out in his pajama pants and no shirt.
This is Duke on his third birthday. All he wanted to do was go to McDonald's to have breakfast and play in the playland. So we dropped Sophia off at school and went to McDonald's. He had some cinnamon rolls and an orage juice.
Well here is the cake I made for Duke's third birthday. We did a cars/baseball theme. This cake took forever, lots of trial and error, some tears, and many hours later here is the final product. A huge thanks goes out to my wonderful mother in law who helped me make this!! And to my husband for telling me it will all work out! My favorite part of the cake is the catcher -- It is Lightening McQueen with tires on his eyes -- well when I saw the car I had to buy it because it reminded me of Cameron -- he is a catcher and wears his rec specs (sports goggles) so it was perfect for the cake ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment