Monday, March 23, 2009

A very productive weekend

Wow!!! We had a great weekend. The basement has been offically framed :-) Yes we have a bedroom, a playroom, a bathroom, a family room, and some storage! There are a few things left to be framed, but over all I can visualize what it will look like finished! We are very excited. We had amazing help this weekend and we can't thank them enough. Joe, Mark, uncle Dane, Cory, and Rob did an amazing job! Thanks to all of you for everything you did this weekend.

I on the other hand said I would stay away from helping out in the basement and that is what I did. On Friday I took the kids to Monkey Joe's -- it is an inflatable air place in Appleton. The kids had so much fun. They ran and jumped until they were sweating and beat red in the face. They had an awesome time. I will update pictures later.

I also started a project on my own last week.....I started painting my kitchen. I finally figured out what color I wanted and bought the paint on Tuesday. I painted a little each day and finished it yesterday. I love it. It adds a splash of color and makes the kitchen feel comforting. The color I went with is a green/blue -- it is hard to explain. I will also update a picture later so you can all see the color I chose. The color of the kitchen is almost the same color as the font color I am using on this blog update!!

Our dog, Papi went to the Wagg Inn, a doggie hotel, Friday and Saturday. This was the first time he spent the night without us at our own house. I picked him up on Saturday and he was pretty quiet. When he got out of the car he started limping -- Joe was pretty nervous. Well he didn't move all evening. He layed in the garage and on the porch the entire evening. Which is absolutely abnormal for this dog. I brought him inside and put him on his blanket and looked at his paws, well they were raw and bleeding. At the hotel they have this room full of gravel (very fine gravel). They let the dogs run around in there and play. His paws are not used to that and so it cut up his feet and that is why he was limping. Ever time he would sit down in front of us he would hold out his paw, like he was telling us to look at it, I felt so bad for him. Needless to say he hasn't moved since Saturday. He will barely walk at all. We have to force him outside to go to the bathroom. He won't eat or drink -- he has had two bowls of water since I picked him up. I am going to call the vet today to see what to do. He keeps licking his paws so they are not getting any better. I hope he gets better soon. He just isn't himself :-( That was the only downer of the weekend.

Have a great week everyone!! Check back for updated pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment